Sunday, July 29, 2007

Blueberry Sour Cream Pie


I made this for Justine in honor of her leaving San Diego..... To return to San Diego in 3 weeks. She asked for a cheesecake and this was the closest I can manage. I cheated and bought a pre-made graham cracker crust. Sometimes it's just so worth it! There's nothing quite like a home-made crust. However, there really is nothing wrong with the store bought kind. It's just as buttery and flaky, and it so hassle-free!

This was the favorite of the night!The fresh berries mixed with the cooked ones worked very well, and the fresh ones burst in your mouth that only enhanced the flavor. But let's not forget the sour/cream cheese topping. Oh dear god! I don't feel bad that some of it didn't make it onto the pie. I just feel fat. If I wasn't so dedicated I would have pushed my entire face in that decadent bowl.

It would also be positively sinful on top of brownies

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

You write very well.