Monday, August 27, 2007

Spicy Pear Tart



So this was a bit of a devience from the norm, but I thought it would be worth it. Besides, how could you not get excited about a Pear Tart with Ginger in it and a Caramel Bottom?


Very yummy! Though the caramel seeped through the bottom of the Springform Pan. After looking into it, I see that this seems to be the problem with springform pans anyway. I wrapped the bottom of the pan in foil, so it didn't go all over the oven, but a lot of the caramel seeped down into the foil. It would have been a really great bit with more caramel. Maybe next time I'll line the inside of the pan with parchment paper, and then nothing will leak. Hmm, good idea.


It was cooked well, the tart was still nice and moist. Though after discussing it, Schwartz, Molly and I decided that it might be really yummy if I did 2 layers of caramel. One on the bottom, do the tart layer, and then another layer of caramel before putting on the pears. Then the caramel might seep through the batter. Which I don't think would be a bad thing at all!!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

OMG, that sounds so good! I love me some pears, and caramel AND spices! Okay, I'm officially drooling. Might be time for Spicy Pear Tart by mail. :)

Anonymous said...

You look wonderfrul and that spicy pear tart is a beautiful creation. I tried to comment, but just didn't have the mental capacity to 'sign up'. Good job Sweet Pea.

-Don't worry Mom, I did it for you!-